This is me…
My name is Shawnee. I’m 26 (nearly 27). I’m married. And this is my blog.
I felt as though a re-write for my “About” section was in order for the re-focusing of my blog. The problem is wit seems to have flown out my ear. I guess this is when a bullet point list is helpful:
Who am I?
- I really hate that question. I don’t believe who I am can be measured by my job or my relationship status. But if I really am the sum of all my parts, I am wife/daughter/friend/sister/dog momma/child of God/Admissions Counselor/blogger/yogi/ Yoga Teacher Trainee/part-time food conspiracy theorist/90% dairy and gluten free/amateur chef/writer/ok-ish photographer/crafter/car singer/90% all natural, made from scratch/tree huger/Rank 15 Tetris Battler/traveler
- My favorites: Cheese (when I am not being dairy free), roasted asparagus, Harry Potter, Yoga, walking with my husband at 5 a.m., coffee, Grey’s Anatomy, 80s films, 90s music, barbecuing, Mexican food, Italian food, most food, salsa, and ketchup.
What my blog is not:
- A food journal. There is nothing wrong with food journaling blogs. However, my blog would be all “hey look at me, I’m eating beans and rice for the third time this week. YAY.”
- A weight loss blog. I don’t diet and I couldn’t lose weight if you held a gun to my head.
- Strictly health and wellness. It used to be. But I changed my mind.
- Mostly meal planning. It used to be. But I changed my mind.
- My top priority. If it becomes that, somebody please slap me.
What my blog is:
- It’s the sum of all its parts! 😛
- Recipes: Even though this is not a food blog, I still love to cook and make up my own dishes. It’s a creative outlet.
- Writing: Sometimes I write about life. Sometimes I write about other people’s lives.
- Crafty Chic: I sew, scrapbook, and make things in general. I like to show them off too.
- Wagging Tail Cottage: This is the name of my home. It really is a cottage – a 1926 craftsman cottage. It’s named after my dog, Maddie. My cottage is a fixer-upper.
- Reviews: Product, restaurant and recipe reviews.
- Subject to change.
- Subject to me deciding I am never going to blog again.
What is perfectionism and why am I the Ex-perfectionist?
Perfectionism to me is striving to be perfect. It’s about keeping up with Jones’ and the Angelina Jolie-nses. It’s not healthy.
My best example of perfectionism: The house is cluttered – a huge mess. I’m overwhelmed at the idea of cleaning. I know if I want to do it perfectly, it will take forever. So instead of cleaning, I don’t. I get all depressed and anxious feeling. It’s icky.
I’m the same way with food choices, exercise and a number of different areas in my life. That’s why I am striving to be the Ex-Perfectionist. That’s why I am learning to love myself as I am.
So thank you for visiting my blog. Thank you for reading this section. And thank you for leaving comments!
–Shawnee, The Ex-Perfectionist