We all know spending a day at the beach is good for our psyche. But who knew it was so good for our physical health too? Check out this list of beach-worthy activities that burn some major calories.
- Boogie Boarding: 220 Calories Burned
- Surfing: 220 Calories Burned
- Frisbee: 230 Calories Burned
- Flying Kites: 300 Calories Burned
- Digging a big hole: 310 Calories Burned
- Cartwheels in the Sand: 310 Calories Burned
- Walking on the Beach: 375 Calories Burned
- Jumping Waves: 600 Calories Burned
- Running away from the waves: 620 Calories Burned
- Beach Volleyball: 630 Calories Burned
Calories burned are based off of one hour spent engaging in the activity and varies by height and weight. These were calculated using: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/lookup
Now I am going to go catch a wave! Or maybe spend the weekend with my mom at the beach. On the agenda: overnight in a modern hostel; boogie boarding, good food and good company. I might even through in some wave jumping, cartwheels and running away from the waves. 🙂
Any plans for the weekend? What are your favorite activities at the beach?
Today’s Meal Plan:
Breakfast: Whole wheat cereal w/ ½ c. berries, milk and coffee
Snack: fruit and yogurt
Lunch: PB and Jelly Sandwich, fruit, veggies
Snack: Granola Bar, fruit, coffee
Dinner: Shrimp Stir Fry
–Shawnee, The Ex-Perfectionist
‘Cause life isn’t perfect, but with a little planning and preparation, you can almost come close!