Last night I had the option of blogging or… shopping for clothes. Which would you have chosen?
So since giving up the dieting mentality and counting calories…
- I experienced one close call with a binge. I had just gotten home from Zumba, and I began thinking about how messy my house is and how much work need to be done. My meal plan sounded terrible, but I knew I needed to eat. I started out by eating 1/2 a granola bar, 6 Triscuits, and 1/2 cup baked beans. After eating the beans, I thought again about how much work needed to be done. But this time I caught it! I realized that the granola bar, triscuts and beans were a starting point for a binge. I was still hungry, so I made a sandwich that I really didn’t feel like eating. But, this ended my eating for the night!!! Woohoo! 😀
- I had a freak out session in which I was massively hungry the entire time. But I remember thinking that if I eat, I would be eating during a time when I was highly emotional. So I restrained my self from eating and went to bed. Maybe this was restricting??? But at least I was recognizing my emotions.
- I’ve been eating until I’m full. I put down the food when I feel the slightest hint of being full. I then wait 5 minutes. If I still feel hungry I continue to eat. If not, I am finished.
- I’ve been eating very nutritiously. I am now focusing on the food pyramid and in stead of counting calories I am thinking, did I get enough calcium, etc. I’ve also been eating 6 servings of whole grains a day! Grains/starches were one I’ve always restricted to 3-4 servings. Turns out this is super un-healthy.
- For lunch yesterday, I had one serving of Cheetos with my sandwich, because I wanted some! I ate them. They were good. And I didn’t feel guilty about it! 😛 I remember a time a few years ago, when I had the same size bag of Cheetos. I must have been going through a bingey phase because I chewed them up and then spit them out. It’s gross I know, and a huge sign of disordered eating. I love how is liberating to be able to eat something I want and not feel bad.
The hubby and I got invited to a baseball game. I followed my meal plan today, but no shrimp tacos for dinner. I’m gonna have me a hot dog (and not feel bad about it!!). YAY. 🙂
–Shawnee, The Ex-Perfectionist
‘Cause life isn’t perfect, but with a little planning and preparation, you can almost come close!