I think my Girl’s Guide to Grilling post for Foodbuzz’s 24×24 took a lot out of me in terms of this week’s blogging potential! First off, I have to note there will be no meal plan this week. I am tracking my calories, but we have so much left over food from the barbecue, that this week is “Eat from My Leftovers/Pantry/Freezer Week!” You can view my food choices on my Spark Page at SparkPeople.com.
Here are some dinners I have in mind for the week:
- Monday: Grilled Chicken Taco Salad (I had a whole platter full of left over lettuce to use)
- Tuesday: Couscous w/ Tomato and Basil Sauce, topped with feta and steamed Broccoli (thanks to a 1/2 a plate of sliced tomatoes and onion and a bowl of feta)
- Wednesday: Baked Potato w/ the works -Salsa, cheese, beans, organic, plain yogurt and 1/4 avocado (I have a huge russet potato left over from my Getting to Know you Party)
- Thursday: Spaghetti (I have a thing of frozen meat sauce and I will add in some extra Tomato and Basil Sauce), served with cooked carrots.
- Friday: Beans and Rice?
- Saturday: BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Sunday: 4th of July, maybe some grilled dogs! 🙂
Other than that my breakfasts and lunches consist of peanut butter, jelly, left over whole wheat buns, Wasa crackers w/salsa, granola, yogurt, fruit, and left over humus, and Greek relish. Humus, my Greek relish, mozzarella cheese and feta heated up in the microwave make for an excellent hot sandwich!
Question: What are some ingredients you need to use in your pantry/freezer/leftovers? What sort of interesting dish could you make with those?
Also I have a few thank yous to dish out!
Thank you to those that read my “Exercise Expertise” post and offered up some suggestions to help me out. Here are some tips from y’all for sprucing up my weight loss goal:
- Short bursts of walks throughout my day in about 10 minute increments. I’ve already put this in practice! Thanks Andrea!
- 10 minutes of Yoga when I wake up and in the evening! This has been a goal of mine for a while. Thanks for the challenge, http://foodfitnessfreshair.com
- Taking a walk during lunch. Great idea, Autumn.
- Stationery Bike in the corner from my lovely coworker, Melissa. Gracias amigo!
- Not eating enough calories. I am still considering this one. Though I haven’t had much success with the amount of calories I eat now, so I am skeptical. BUT I do appreciate you making me think and consider all my options. Thanks again, http://runeatrepeat3.wordpress.com/.
I also can’t forget a BIG HUGE GINORMOUS thank you to Alli and Melissa for all their help during my Barbecue Cookout. I didn’t plan on putting them to work, but I am so glad they came before all the teens. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
–Shawnee, The Ex-Perfectionist
‘Cause life isn’t perfect, but with a little planning and preparation, you can almost come close!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Kardea Bar Giveaway!